For the Food Service Program
The Hoquiam School District is EXCITED to announce
Central, Emerson, Lincoln Elementary Schools, andHoquiam Middle School
FREE meals for ALL their students
· Free breakfast and lunch will ONLY BE OFFERED at Central, Emerson, Lincoln Elementary Schools, and Hoquiam Middle School.
· It is a pilot program and if successful will continue for years to come.
· The goal is to insure every child has access to healthy meals.
· Breakfast in the Classroom (BIC), served after the first bell, will start in each elementary over the next few weeks.
o Central Elementary will start the school year with Breakfast in the Classroom. Students at Central will no longer need to show up earlier to eat breakfast and they are encouraged to arrive right before school starts.
· No Free/Reduced applications are needed for the students at the elementary schools or the middle school.
· Milk will still be available at $0.35 for students who bring a cold lunch.
Hoquiam High School and HOMELINK
will have a ten cent increase to their current meal programs.
Prices for these three schools are:
Breakfast: K-8 $0.00 l 9-12 $1.50 l Reduced $0.00
Lunch: K-8 $0.00 l 9-12 $2.75 l Reduced K-3 $0.00 & 9-12 $0.40
· Free/Reduced meal applications are needed for students at these two schools.
· Starting August 25th if your student(s) qualifies for TANF or BASIC FOOD you can stop by the District Office at 305 Simpson Ave. to check if your student(s) is already Directly Certified to receive free meals. If they are, no meal application is required.
For more information call: 360-538-8278