Assessment is an important part of the curriculum; it is a part of the learning experience, not separate from it. Here are some of the purposes of assessment:
- Opportunity for students to demonstrate what they know and are able to do.
- Determine whether students are meeting the learning objectives.
- Modify the curriculum and individualize instruction accordingly.
- Identify students with special needs.
- Provide teachers with objective information for grading.
- Motivate students to improve their performance.
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs
- Communicate student progresss with parents, school, and community.